International Webinar Trobades de Barcelona – Memorial Jacques Henry 2021 (IN ENGLISH)
Webinar organized by the Barcelona Bar Association with the collaboration of the European Bars Federation (FBE).
“The subject we have chosen for the Webinar is “Fake news & Intellectual property: a legal perspective”.
We shall be discussing two subjects of great importance: “Privacy and Fake News”. Both of them are related, but we will focus them in two different aspects.
Panel 1: “Intellectual Property vs Privacy Law”
The new EU Directives and the EU Court of Justice are developing a new relationship between personal privacy and IP rights.
Privacy has been traditionally considered as preeminent, but this is changing. The Court and the Directives are increasingly underlying that IP rights are Fundamental Rights too, and a balance is needed. This has now consequences for Service Providers in the Internet too.
Panel 2: “Fake News: Clients and the Legal Profession”
The new technologies have democratized the general access of the public to any kind of information, and misinformation too. and it is easy now to publicize any kind of fake news”.
FAKE NEWS & PRIVACY: A LEGAL PERSPECTIVE
9.15 am WELCOMING WORDS
- Mª Eugènia GAY. President of the Barcelona Bar Association
09.20 am GENERAL INTRODUCTION
- Silvia GIMENEZ-SALINAS. President of the European Bars Federation (FBE)
- Dominique ATTIAS. Vice President of the European Bars Federation (FBE)
9.30 am KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- Speaker from the European Commission to be confirmed
10.00 am 1st WORKING SESSION “Intellectual Property vs Privacy law”
- Santiago NADAL. Member of the International Commission of the Barcelona Bar Association
- Joaquin MUÑOZ RODRIGUEZ. Lawyer, Member of the Madrid Bar Association
- Masami AKUTSU. Member of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations (JFBA)
- Rafael GIMENO DEL MOLINO. Lawyer, Member of the Barcelona Bar Association. Director “Reputació Online Legal”
- Isabela KONOPACKA. Vice President Bar Association of Wroclaw. Member of the IT and Future of Legal Profession Committee, CCBE
- Antonio SCAMARDELLA. UK Country Manager Cyberlex
11.00 am 2nd WORKING SESSION “Fake News: Clients and the Legal Profession”
- Alessandro PIERALLI. Member of the International Relations Commission ICAB
- Sternford MOYO (TBC). President of the International Bar Association, IBA
- Jorge MARTI. President of the International Association of Lawyers, UIA
- Joseph L. RAIA. Chair International Section of the American Bar Association, ABA
- Margarete VON GALEN. President of the Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe, CCBE
- François BARRE. President of the Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats, AIJA
12.00 pm Debate-questions
12.30 pm CONCLUSIONS
- Noemi BLÁZQUEZ. Member of the International Relations Committee, Barcelona Bar Association